I love these pinwheels. We have done different variations, but these are so quick and easy and a perfect appetizer. I found them on the What’s Cooking board on theNest.com.
Parmesan Rosemary Pinwheels
Adapted from Pampered Chef, found on the WC Nest Boards
1 8 oz can crescent rolls or Pillsbury Recipe Creations
1/2 cup regular cream cheese spread, softened
1/4 cup (1 oz) grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out the dough. If you are using crescent rolls you will need to keep the crescent rolls in pairs, forming four rectangles.
- Place cream cheese in a small bowl, add rosemary and Parmesan cheese to the bowl and mix well.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the dough, leaving a border.
- Roll up the sheet of dough. If using crescent rolls, roll from the short side.
- Using a serrated knife, cut up the rolled up dough into 22 slices (or 6 per crescent pair).
- Place slices on pizza stone or greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
These pinwheels are always a hit. I usually make a double batch for a large group, since they go fast.