Just a few more recipes from Thanksgiving. This is actually a picture of the leftovers, and they were just as good as the original, just not as pretty. I love sweet potatoes, and have them year round.
Sweet Potatoes, Take 2
The Pioneer Woman
4 Medium Sweet Potatoes
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. salt
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Pecans, chopped (measure before they are chopped)
1/2 Cup Flour
3/4 stick butter
- Wash 4 medium sweet potatoes and bake them in the oven at 375 until they are fork tender, about 30-35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- After the sweet potatoes are cooked, slice them open and put the flesh into a large bowl.
- Add sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt. With a potato masher mash them up until mixed but not smooth.
- In a separate bowl add brown sugar, chopped pecans, flour, and butter. With a pastry cutter or fork, mash together until combined.
- Spread sweet potato mixture into a baking dish, top with the crumb mixture.
- Bake in a 400 oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Maybe I’m biased because I love sweet potatoes, but these were so good! I don’t know if my family has ever done nuts on top of sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving, but the topping was delish. Another keeper for years to come!